Research Related Activity
Faculties are actively involved in research activities. Two projects financially assisted by UGC are completed. Research is mainly focused on environmental pollution related problems and applications of biomolecules originated from microorganisms.
The Major project entitled “Studies on textile dye decolouration by Actinomycetes” was sanctioned to Dr. A. M. Deshmukh by UGC (Rs. 9.21 lakhs) and completed in year 2009-12.The Minor project entitled “Studies on textile dye decolouration by Streptomyces species” was sanctioned to Dr. R. M. Khobragade by UGC (Rs.1.65 lakhs) and completed in year 2010-12.
University projects were sanctioned and completed successfully by Dr. R. M. Khobragade and Dr. P. P. Dixit (Rs. 0.30 lakhs) Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA), D.R.D.A., Z.P., Osmanabad has provided grants of Rs. 1,50,000/- for a project entitled “Effect of Biofertillizers on crop yields” to promote organic farming.
The thrust area of research is- Textile dye decolourization, Enzymes, Biomolecules from microorganism
Faculties are actively involved in research activities. Keen interest to work in the field of enzymology, protein chemistry, diversity of microorganisms, isolation, purification and characterization of compounds obtained from microbial origin, Exploring microbial world for the products of human welfare, environmental pollution related problems.
- Bhagat S.S., Ghotekar D.S., Badadhe P.V., Chavan N.M., Dixit P.P. and Gill C.H. “ Synthesis and antimicrobial screening of pyrazolines and benzothiazepines incorporated with thiophene” Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry Vol. 20, April-June 2011, pp. 355-358 ISSN: 0971-1627 (Impact Factor 250)
- Dixit P.P., Kashale S.A. and Deshmukh M. “Studies on thermostable alkaline protease from Bacillus sp.” Journal of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, 2011, Vol. 3(1), pp. 201-212 ISSN: 0974-9438
- Shaikh Afshaan, Mankale K.K., Dixit P.P. and Deshmukh A.M. “Studies on production and purification of penicillin acylase produced by alkaophilic bacteria isolated from Lonar lake” Journal of Basic and Applied Science Vol.10, Feb. 2014 (Special Issue)pp. 199-203 ISSN: 2229-3302
- Rehman Naziya M.A., Shete M. B., Dixit P.P. and Deshmukh A.M.” Screening of biosurfactant producing microorganisms from oil contaminated soils of Osmanabad region, Maharashtra, India” International Science Journal, 2014, Vol.1, Issue 1, pp. 35-39 ISSN: 2348-6058 (On Line)
- Panchal S.L. and Dixit P.P. “Studies on cysteine protease inhibitor production by Nocardia” International Journal of Current Research in Science, Social science and Languages Vol.- II, Issue I April 2014 ISSN: 2319-7579 (Impact Factor 1.02)
- Rehman Naziya M.A., Shete M. B., Dixit P.P. and Deshmukh A.M.” Studies on production of biosurfactant produced by bacteria isolated from oil contaminated soils of Osmanabad region, Maharashtra, India” Journal of Basic and Applied Science Vol.10, Feb. 2014 (Special Issue) pp.259-264 ISSN: 2229-3302
- Shaikh Afshaan, Mankale K.K., Dixit P.P. and Deshmukh A.M. “Isolation and screening of penicillin acylase producing alkaophilic bacteria from Lonar lake water sample” International Journal of Current Research in Science, Social science and Languages Vol.- II, Issue I April 2014 ISSN: 2319-7579 (Impact Factor 02)
- Panchal S.L. and Dixit P.P. “Isolation and screening of alkline protease inhibitor producing actinomycetes” Proceedings of National Conference on Biodiversity: Prospects and Potentials – 2012, S.M.D.M. Mahavidyalaya, Kallam (MS), India.pp.175-178 ISBN: 978-81-925586-1-5
- Hatagale S.B., Awashank A.S., Rehman Naziya M.A. and Dixit P.P. “Production of extracellular laccase from white rot fungus Fusarium sp.” Frontiers in plant diseases and it’s control for agricultural development, pp.172-182 ISBN: 978-81-930533-1-7
- Lognathan V., Dixit P., Shingare M. and Mane D. “Synthesis and biological evaluation of fused ring Benzomorpholine monofluoroaniline derivatives” Am. J. PharmTech. Res. 2015; 5(1) pp. 443-453 ISSN: 2249-3387 (Impact Factor 9832)
- Lognathan V., Dixit P., Shingare M. and Mane D. “Synthesis and biological evaluation of (3S)-3-[4-Methoxymethoxy) Benzyl] morpholine derivatives from L-Tyrosine.” Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. IAJPS, 2015, Vol.2, Issue 3, pp. 722-730 ISSN: 2349-7750 (Impact Factor 437)
- Pujari S.G., Kadam N.R., Choudhari S.G., Dixit P. P. and Deshmukh A. M. “Studies on isolation of antimicrobial actinomycetes from Osmanabad soil.” Int. J.Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci.(IJCMAS) 2015, 4(4): pp. 123-126 ISSN: 2319-7706 (Impact Factor 015)
- Lognathan V., Dixit P., Shingare M. and Mane D. “Synthesis and biological evaluation of morpholine and salicylamide nucleus based derivatives” European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research (ejpmr), 2015, 2(3), pp. 269-282 ISSN: 3294-3211 (Impact Factor 026)
- Rokade D.D., Vaidya S.L., Rehman Naziya M.A. and P. Dixit “ Screening of pectinase producing bacteria isolated from Osmanabad fruit market soil” International Journal of Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Studies (IJIMS), 2015, Vol.2, No. 6, pp. 141-145 ISSN: 2348-0343 (Impact Factor 1.95)
- Pavase L., Dixit P., Chaudhari B. and Mane D. “Synthesis and antibacterial activities of 1-phenyl-5-(1H-pyrrol-1yl)-1H- pyrrole-4-carboxylic acid N acyl hydrazides” Am. J. PharmTech. Res. 2015; 5(3) pp. 444-451 ISSN: 2249-3387 (Impact Factor 9832)
- Dixit P.P. and Deshmukh A.M. XYLANASE from STREPTOMYCES HYGROSCOPICUS under Solid State Fermentation, International Journal of Advanced Biotechnology and Research (IJBR)Vol-7, Issue-1, 2016, pp.38-46 ISSN 0976-2612, Online ISSN 2278–599X
- Prasad P. Dixit, Prashant P. Dixit and Shivaji N. Thore Hybrid triazoles: Design and synthesis as potential dual inhibitor of growth and efflux inhibition in tuberculosis, Europian Journal of Medicinal Chemistry Vol. 107 (Elsvier), 2016, pp. 38-47 ISSN: 0223-5234 (Impact Factor : 4.816)
- Innus K. Shaikh, Balasaheb Pawade, Prashant P. Dixit and Mugdha Lele-Potnis Assessment of Cultivable Oral Bacterial Flora from Important Venomous Snakes of India and Their Antibiotic Susceptibilities, Current Microbiology (Springer), 2017, pp. 1278-1286 ISSN: 0343-8651 (Print) 1432-0991 (Online) (Impact Factor 1.32)
- Innus K. Shaikh, Balasaheb Pawade, Prashant P. Dixit and Mugdha Lele-Potnis Development of dot-ELISA for the detection of venoms of major Indian venomous Snakes, Toxicon (Elsevier), Vol. 139, 2017, pp. 66-73ISSN: 0041-0101 (Impact Factor 2.352)
- Babasaheb Zine, Sunil Jadhav, Prashant Dixit and Mazhar Farooqui, Thiazolo[3,2-a] pyrimidin-5-ones: Design, Synthesis and Antimicrobial Evaluation, JOURNAL OF ULTRA CHEMISTRY Vol. 13(2), (2017) pp. 30-34 ISSN: 0973-3450 (Print) ISSN: 2319-8036 (Online) (Impact Factor 2.48)
- Innus K. Shaikh and Prashant P. Dixit PRODUCTION AND OPTIMIZATION OF THERMOSTABLE ALKALINE PROTEASE FROM BACILLUS SP-APP-07 ISOLATED FROM LAUNDROMAT SOIL, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH, ISSN No 2277 – 8179 (Impact Factor 4.176)
- Rehman Naziya Nishat Md. Aziz and P.P. Dixit OPTIMIZATION OF PIGMENT PRODUCTION USING PLACKET BURMAN AND SURFACE RESPONSE METHODOLOGY, International Journal of Recent Scientific Research Vol. 8, Issue, 7 July, 2017 pp. 18477-18481 ISSN: 0976-3031(Impact Factor 7.383)
- Mane R.S. and Dixit P.P. Production of Chitinase by Solid State Fermentation, Asian Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, 5(7) July, 2017 pp.1-4 ISSN: 2321-8819 (Online) 2348-7186 (Print) (Impact Factor 1.498)
- I.K. Shaikh, P.P. Dixit and T.N. Shaikh Purification and characterization of alkalinesoda-bleach stable protease from Bacillus sp. APP-007 isolated from Laundromat soil Journal of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Vol. 16 (Elsevier)pp. 273-279 ISSN: 1687-157X (Impact Factor 1.78)
- Vyenkatesh Joshi, Neha Shah, PrashantWakte, Prashant Dhakephalkar, Anita Dhakephalkar, Rahul Khobragade, BhushanNaphade, Sajid Shaikh, Arvind Deshmukh, NitinAdhapure.2017.Comparative bioleaching of metals from pulverized and non-pulverized PCBs of cell phone charger: advantages of non-pulverized PCBs. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 24 (36). 28277-28286.
- Rajesh C Patil, Abhishek D Mule, Gajanan V Mali, Rajmahammad R Tamboli, Rahul M Khobragade, Sanjay K Gaikwad, Vasanti I Katchi, DhanashreePatil.2011.Isolation of Marine Actinomycetes from the Mangrove Swamps for Biotechnological Exploration. Journal of Life Sciences.5.1030-1036
- Khobragade R M &Deshmukh A M.2011.Degradation of reactive blue herd by thermophilic Streptomyces species. International Journal of Biotechnology and Biosciences.1(2). 319-323
- Meghshyam. K. PatilSharekhShaikh, Rajendra D. Joshi, Rahul. M. Khobragade.2015.Synthesis of ag-ta2o5 powder and its antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus auerus. Journal of Advances in Applied Sciences and Technology.2(1). 01-05
- Afshaan Naaz ShaikhKhaleed, R. M. Khobragade. 2016.Screening and Optimization of L– Asparginase Produced by Bacteria Isolated from Soil of Solapur Region. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR).5(9). 231-235
- R. M. Khobragade & A. M. Deshmukh.2013.Studies on melanin pigment production by actinomycetes species. Thematics journal of microbiology.2(2). 9-12
- Chaudhari S.G., Chaudhari S.D. Khobragade R.M. and Deshmukh A.M.2013.studies on production of alkaline proteases from bacillus species and its application in detergent industry. DAV Internatioal Journal of Science. 2(2). 44-49.
- AM Deshmukh, RM Khobragade, PP Dixit.2007.Oxford Book Company.
- RC Patil, VN Waghmare, SD Wavhal, RM Khobragade, RC Patil, VN Waghmare, SD Wavhal, RM Khobragade.2011. Isolation of bacteria from hot springs
- Amarja HarishchandraBhosale R. M. Khobragade .2018.BIOREMEDIATION OF TEXTILE AZO DYE ORANGE F2R BY BACTERIAL ISOLATES. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 66-69