The Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University has formed Student Council as per the UGC guidelines. The Student Council ensures healthy, joyful, educative and playful environment for the students in the University, by encouraging the students to participate in various University academic and co-curricular activities.
The Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University strives to maintain the standards of excellence as an Academic Institution. In this regard the University ensures that the best possible environment exists for all students, irrespective of their socio-economics class. For this purpose the University has established a STUDENTS WELFARE SECTION to execute University polices concerned to welfare of the students.
Student welfare is an important component in the overall Management of student matters. To facilitate efficient provision of the welfare services, the unit has several sections such as Guidance and Counseling, Hostels and Accommodation , Youth Festival, Avishkar, Post- Graduate NSS activities, organizing university Programmes, Student’s election, Catering, games and Sports, warden ship, Security and health sections.
To be a Centre of Excellence in the Provision of Student’s Welfare Services.
To be steadfast in the provision of all students welfare services to the students in order to facilitate smooth running of the university academic Programmes.
- To ensure efficient provision of all welfare services to students.
- To facilitate efficient and effective communication between the student community on one hand and the University Administration on the other.
- To ensure the establishment and maintenance if an effective students leadership.
- To facilitate the establishment and effective management of all clubs and societies within in the University.
- To offer guidance and counseling in all aspects to students generally and individual students in particular.
- To offer support and facilitate participation of students in co- curricular activities such as games, drama, music, clubs and societies etc.
- To develop and sustain recreational facilities and activities to all students.
- To support the Maintains of standard and the discipline of all students.
- To offer guidance, support and assistance where possible to students with financial difficulties
- Maintain a University and Welfare climates conducive to learning, ensure a safe and secure environment where basic needs are met; encourage appropriate forms of behavior; and protect students from harm.
- Develop a realistic and comprehensive self- concept; enhance their self-esteem; develop their interest and abilities.
- A feeling of belonging to the winder community ; a caring attitude towards other., Understand their own feelings and behavior and those of theirs.