Rules for Fair Use of e-Resources at Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad : Usage Policy
- Electronic resources such as e-journals, e-databases, e-books made available by the Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University Library,Aurangabad are for academic use.
- These resources can be searched, browsed and material may be downloaded and printed as single copies of articles as is done in the case of printed library material. Downloading or printing of a complete book or an entire issue or a volume of one or more journals (called systematic downloading) is strictly prohibited.
- Use of robots, spiders or intelligent agents to access, search and/or systematically download from these resources is also prohibited. Any violation of this policy will result in penal action as per the rules and regulations of the University.
- Please be aware that systematic downloading will cause the publisher to block to the entire community of users @ Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University,Aurangabad from accessing these resources.
The e-ShodhSindhu Consortium subscribes to thousands of electronic journals and bibliographic databases for use by authorized users in Universities. The terms and conditions for using these resources are spelled out in electronic resource license agreements with each publisher. It is the responsibility of individual users to ensure that the use of electronic resources does not breach the terms and conditions specified in the license agreements. Licenses vary from publisher to publisher; however, the general principles are as follows:
|Permitted ||Not Permitted |
- Viewing, downloading, copying, printing and saving a copy of search results
- Viewing, downloading, copying, printing and saving individual articles
- Using e-resources for scholarly, educational or scientific research, teaching, private study and clinical purposes
- Sending a copy of an article to another authorized user (i.e. current faculty, students or staff)
- Use of robots or intelligent agents to do systematic, bulk or automatic downloading is not permitted
- Systematic downloading or printing of entire journal issues or volumes, or large portions of other e-resources is not permitted
- Using e-resources for commercial gain is not permitted (i.e. reselling, redistributing or republishing licensed content)
- Transmitting, disseminating or otherwise making online content available to unauthorized users (i.e. sending to mailing lists or electronic bulletin boards) is not permitted
- Posting the publisher's version or PDF of an article to an open class website is not permitted (instead, post the URL to the article which will allow only authorized users access)