His Excellency, Governor of Maharashtra, Shri. S.M. Krishna has initiated a novel research project competition named Avishkar in the year 2006. This activity, unique in its nature, is being implemented through Board of College and University Development. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University has taken special efforts to increase the participation of the talented students from rural and urban areas. Special efforts were taken to organize Regional competitions, organize, special training to these students and provide them necessary help and guidance to enhance their abilities to present their work in an effective manner. This activity has generated a lot of enthusiasm amongst students and the participation is ever increasing.
Guidelines to the Participants
- Projects can be in the form of live demonstration /models / posters and should be based on innovative ideas, in any given categories.
- Each college/institution can send a maximum of two entries in each category, irrespective of their levels (UG/PG / M.Phil-Ph.D.)
- In the First Round, All contestants are expected to display their posters of 1m X 1m size before a panel of judges appointed for the purpose.
- Selected projects from the I-Round will have to give oral presentation before Judges.
- Each oral presentation will be given 8 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for question and answers.
- There is no restriction on the number of students engaged in each of the team but only one representative will present the Project at the exhibition.
- Representative of the team and one accompanying person (guiding teacher or team member) will be provided local hospitality by the host institution.
- All required basic infrastructural facilities like working space, electricity, water, tables, mounting boards, LCD projector, overhead projector etc., will be made available. For any special requirements, if any, participants should inform the coordinator well in advance.
- All entries should be forwarded through the principal of the college /Head of the institution.
- Registration is compulsory for all participants. There will be no registration fee.
- Participants will be issued participation certificates from the University.
- Mounting boards (poster display boards) of 1m X 1m size will be made available.
- The decision of judges will be final and binding on all participants.
- All winning teams will be informed about their selection on the same day.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- The entries must be forwarded through Principal/ Head of the Institution
- Maximum two entries in each of the following categories from college Categories.
- Last date of registration FIVE days before the competition.
CATEGORIES FOR PARTICIPATION
- Humanities, Languages, Fine Arts, etc.
- Commerce, Management, Law etc.
- Pure Sciences
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
- Engineering & Technology
- Medicine and Pharmacy