Regional Coordinating Institutions (RCIs)
In order to facilitate, guide and monitor the activities of the participating institutions (PIs), 44 Regional Coordinating Institutions (RCIs) are identified on the basis of their earlier experience and infrastructural competence etc.
The responsibilities of RCIs are:
- RCIs will act as nodal centers for promoting & facilitate UBA network in their region.
- RCIs will groom PIs of the region to design innovative solutions for the identified-challenge.
- RCIs is responsible to facilitate, guide and monitor the activities of Participating Institutions in their region.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad As a Regional Coordinating Institute (RCI) Of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
MoU on 6th March 2019 done IIT Delhi Director Dr. Sunil Kumar Khare and Unnat Bharat Abhiyan NCI coordinator Dr. Virendra K. Vijay with Dr. T.R Patil as RCI Coordinator.
BAMU RCI has motivated other institutes to participate in Unnat Bharat Abhiyan. The result is till date total 171 participating institutes from 10 Districts under BAMU RCI.
1. Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
2. North Maharahtra University
3. Swami Ramanand Treeth Marathwada University
4. Savitribai Phule University
Any Higher Educational Institute which accepts to work for Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, can do so by applying online on UBA website.
The responsibilities of PIs are:
- As part of the programme it is mandatory to adopt five villages’ in consultation with the District collectors for the development activities under the UBA.
- Institutions are expected to do field studies, study the implementation of Government schemes, and facilitate their better implementation so that they meet their objectives best.
- PIs should engage interested faculty members & students, NSS and other bodies of the institutes engaged in community development activities.
- The selected PIs will work with State Government, district authorities / PRIs / other institutions and non-governmental bodies, for arriving at suitable solutions for improving the social and economic well-being of the rural communities.
Success Story of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad as Participating Institute
- Dr. BabasahebAmbedkarMarathwada University, Aurangabad (MS) has adopted the following 05 villages for the development under the UNNAT BHARAT ABHIYAN.
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad (MS) has MoU (Contract) with IIT, Delhi. This MoU registered on 19 December 2017.