Professor Jaishree Suryawanshi
Phone No. :(office) (0240)-2403336
Fax No. :(0240)-2403335
Powers and Duties
(1) The Registrar shall, be the Chief Administrative Officer of the university. He shall be a full-time salaried officer and shall work directly under the superinten- dence, direction and control of the Vice-Chancellor.
(2) The qualifications and experience for the purpose of selection of the Registrar shall be as laid down by the University Grants Commission and approved by the State Government.
(3) The Registrar shall be appointed by the Vice-Chancellor on the recommenda- tion of a selection committee constituted for the purpose under this Act.
(4) Appointment of the Registrar shall be for a term of five years or till he attains the age of superannuation whichever is earlier and he shall be eligible for re-appointment by selection on the recommendation of a selection committee constituted for the purpose, for only one more term of five years in the university in which he is serving;
(5) When the office of the Registrar falls vacant or the Registrar is, by reason of illness or absence or any other cause, unable to perform the duties of his office for a period not exceeding six months, the Vice-Chancellor shall appoint a suitable person to officiate as the Registrar until the new Registrar assumes duty or the Registrar resumes duty, as the case may be.
(6) The Registrar shall,—
(a) act as a Member-Secretary of the Senate, Management Council, Academic Council and such other authorities, bodies and committees, as prescribed by or under this Act;
(b) be the appointing and the disciplinary authority of the employees of the university other than the teachers, non-vacation academic staff and officers of the rank of Assistant Registrar and other officers holding posts equivalent thereto or above. An appeal by a person aggrieved by the decision of the Registrar may be preferred within thirty days from the date of communication of such decision, to the Vice-Chancellor;
(c) be the custodian of the records, the common seal and such other property of the university as the Management Council may, commit to his charge;
(d) conduct elections to various authorities and bodies of the university as per the programme approved by the Vice-Chancellor;
(e) prepare and update the Handbook of the Statutes and Regulations approved by the authorities, bodies or committees, from time to time, and make them available to all members of the authorities and officers of the university;
(f) receive complaints and suggestions in regard to the improvement of administration and consider them for appropriate action;
(g) render necessary assistance for inspection of the university, its buildings, class rooms, laboratories, libraries, knowledge resource centre, museums, workshops and equipment is made by such person or persons or body of persons, as directed by the Vice-Chancellor;
(h) organise training and orientation of non-teaching employees in the university and affiliated colleges;
(i) have the power to enter into agreements, sign documents and authenticate records on behalf of the university, subject to the decision of the authorities of the university;
(j) place before the Management Council a report of the development activities of the university every six months;
(k) have the power to seek information in regard to any matter of the university, from the Deans, Finance and Accounts Officer and any other officer of the university for submission to the State Government and other external agencies;
(l) exercise such other powers and perform such other duties, as prescribed by or under this Act or assigned to him, by the Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice- Chancellor, from time to time.