(Click here to Know More..)
(1) The Director of Sub-campus shall be a full time officer who shall work under the superintendence, direction and control of the Vice-Chancellor.
(2) The Director of Sub-campus shall be a person who is holding the post of professor or principal or equivalent position in any university or institute of national repute engaged in teaching, research and development activities, with not less than fifteen years teaching or research or administrative experience.
(3) The appointment of the Director of Sub-Campus shall be made by the Vice- Chancellor on the recommendation of the selection committee constituted for the purpose under this Act.
(4) The Appointment of the Director of Sub-Campus shall be for a term of five years or till the age of super-annuation, whichever is earlier, and he shall be eligible for re-appointment, by selection on the recommendation of a selection committee constituted for the purpose, for only one more term of five years in the university in which he is serving.
(5) The Director of Sub-Campus shall,—
(a) be the chief academic and administrative officer of the Sub-Campus;
(b) oversee and monitor the administration of the academic programmes of the colleges and recognized institutions in the district;
(c) oversee and monitor general administration of the Sub-Campus of the university and ensure efficiency and good order of the university departments or schools or institutions on the Sub-Campus;
(d) act as a link between the university, colleges and recognized institutions in the district, as well as departments, schools or institutions on the Sub-Campus of the university;
(e) ensure that appropriate actions as are needed for maintenance of quality of teaching, as specified by the Internal Quality Assurance Cell and the university authorities, are initiated, records thereof are maintained, teachers' appraisal by students is carried out and reports thereof are sent to university authorities;
(f) co-ordinate evaluation, academic training workshops or seminars, quality measurement and other academic, administrative, financial and related activities in the district and on the Sub-campus;
(g) ensure establishment of inter-institutional and intra-institutional information and communication technology linkages among the affiliated colleges and recognized institutions in the district;
(h) ensure that the decisions of the colleges or university departments, schools, institutions on the Sub-Campus and their functioning is not inconsistent with this Act, Statutes and Regulations;