The Objectives of the UGC Human Resource Development Centres are to enable lecturers to
- Understand the significance of education in general, and higher education in particular, in the global and Indian contexts.
- Understand the linkages between education and socio-economic and cultural development with particular reference to the Indian polity where democracy, secularism and social equity are the basic tenants of society.
- Acquire and improve basic skills of teaching at the college/university level to achieve goals of higher education.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in their specific subjects.
- Understand the organization and management of a college / university and to perceive the role of teachers in the total system.
- Utilize opportunities for development of personality, initiative and creativity, and promote computer literacy as well as internet knowledge.