The University has started M.Sc. (Information Technology) from the academic year 2000-01 in the department on non-grant basis .The department has shifted to the new building in 2001 with an area of 1080 sqm. The department has taken off well with the latest facilities and laboratories in the filed of Computer Science & Information Technology. The name of the department has changed to Department of Computer Science and Information Technology in June, 2001. The Department is not only working academically but also performing many Co-Curricular activities.
The Department is one of the earliest CS Departments started in Indian Universities. Back in 1980, when computer science was little known and the word IT didn't exist, a one-year programme was started towards the B.Sc. (Applied) degree in Computer Science. The M.C.A. programme was launched in 1983, the M.Tech. degree programme in 1985, and the one year B.Sc. (Applied) programme was upgraded to a two year M.Sc. in Computer Science in 1986.
- Some of the Classrooms equipped with projector
- Computer vision laboratory
- Advanced computing laboratory
- Remote Sensing , Geo-Informatics and GIS Lab