Marathwada is a land of culture. Various Saints have nurtured the soil of this region with thenoble thoughts in the forms of Abhangas for the welfare of mankind. The world famous Ajantha and Ellora caves are the best example of highest Music culture of Marathwada. SangeetRatnakara, a very notable book of Music was written by Acharya Sharangadeva at Devgiriin this cultural land. In order to preserve an ancient musical heritage and to fulfil the musical needs of the modern age,our University has started the Department of Music from the academic year 2009 on non-grant basis.
As a result of a keen interest and fathomless love of our Honourable Vice Chancellor Professor B.A. Chopde inMusic, the department is shifted to the new building in 2016. Now the department is having a specious and peaceful areawhich is very useful for Riyaz, Music Education andResearch.
With the fulfilment of the academic education, department is fully engaged in performing various musical activities to explore the cultural aspect of our university.
- The Classrooms equipped with Musical instruments.
- Laboratory of Music instruments and collection of acousticTanpura, Tabla, Harmonium etc.
- Theoretical and Practical Teaching Facility.
- Facility of a Lecture- demo of renowned personality in Music.
- Facility of Performance of Music Concert for Students.