Gautam Buddha Study Center
The Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathawada
University has recently instituted the
i) Buddhist Thought
ii) Buddhism and the welfare of the marginalized.
iii) Buddhism and status of women
iv) Buddhism and social transformation.
v) Buddhist teachings for youth orientation.
vi) Buddhism and the problems of Dalits and their upliftment.
2. Plan of integrated activities:
i) Gautam Buddha Study Center will conduct
Conferences, seminars, and symposia twice a year.
ii) An Essay- Writing competition will be held once every
year for P.G. students.
iii) An Elocution competition for P.G. students will be held
once every year.
iv) Minor research projects in Buddhist thought will be undertaken.
v) Two Newsletters will be released twice in a year.
vi) It is proposed to starts a library with books on Buddhism, posters, paintings and paper clippings.
To foster inter-faith dialogue with other
To co-ordinate on the International level with
counties such as
One of the most enlightened, illumined souls that brought rationality to human intellect and culture to human living is Lord Gautam Buddha. A teacher of righteousness instructed people in the art of right living. Buddha's teachings have had their reproductions on the history of human kind dating back to BC. His teachings, philosophy, advocacy for non-violence, his spiritual blueprint to combat materialism an corruption have stood the test of time. He fostered amity and solidarity to promote co-operative living and societal harmony in times of battle and strife. Buddha stands apart in history for giving the world a code of conduct for personal peace and national propriety.
:Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar
1) To disseminate knowledge of Buddha's philosophy.
2) To promote consciousness raising of the finer sensibilities of life
3) To create scholars capable of critical analysis of thought in research.
4) To encourage ecumenism amongst the
5) To undertake the interfaith dialogue to promote amity and harmony amongst the people.
Library : The Library of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University is a store house of rare books and contemporary contributions in the from of books, journals, e-journals and e-library facilities. A rich collection of books on Buddhist thoughts and philosophy is available in its vintage collection. The library also possesses e-mail /Web Surfing / Download facilities for the learners communities.
Programme and Activities proposed :
The center will seek to aquatint young generation with the philosophy of Gautam Buddha. Therefore it seeks to pursue the following programmes and activities derived from main aims and objectives mentioned in the proposal.
1) To set resource center for students, teachers, scholars and policy makers as well as administrators with library facilities and resource persons so that a large number of scholars are exposed to this studies.
2) To organise seminars, workshops, lecture series on some vital issues and to supply the printed material of these lectures to the users.
3) To conduct orientation & training programme.
4) To conduct full-time, part time courses (Diploma / Certificate) for students. Short-term courses of 3-6 months.
5) To conduct research by M.Phil / Ph. D. students and other scholars
6) Center will publish articles, project, research papers, seminar proceedings etc.
7) The Center will act as National / International collaborative, comparative centre and will provide the facilities to do so.
8) To undertake such other activities and endeavors as would be considered suitable for further aims and objective of the center.
Head, Department Of Library & Inf. Sci.