Gautam Buddha Study Center
Since Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathawada University, Aurangabad is situated on the backdrop of world famous Buddhist caves ,this university has received a great heritage of Buddhist philosophy and art. This university has established the‘GAUTAM BUDDHA STUDY CENTRE’ to express its relationship with this heritage.
The Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathawada University has recently instituted the Gautam Buddha Study Center. Buddhism ranks as one of the greatest peace loving religion not only in Asia but all over the world. It insists upon values of knowledge and evil of ignorance. Buddhism enjoys the glory of having rightly judged the intrinsic greatness of man's capacity to work out his salvation, thus stressing the power of the individual to pursue excellence. Buddhism has at its core the concern for the welfare of man, to eliminate human suffering and misery and to lead society towards integrity and dignity of existence.
Study Centre Information
Marathwada University established on 23rd August 1958, stands proudly in the splendid natural environment in the History City of Aurangabad. Its jurisdiction included the Marathwada region. On 14th Jan 1994, The University was renamed as Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University. Today this University has 234 Colleges, 9 recognised institution and 36 post-graduate departments on the campus with 16 faculties. There are 137450 students studying in Undergraduate and post-graduate course. The University has its focused attention on initiating rural students to take higher education. A very commendable scheme of "Earn & Learn" takes care of the economically challenged sections of the youth and instills in them the dignity of labour and a sense of responsibility. The University has marched towards raising the level and standard of teaching and research. It has expanded its areas of research in contemporary knowledge. The University is celebrating 2007-08 as its Golden Jubilee year.
The Gautam Buddha Study Center was inaugurated by Prof. Labh from Jammu & Kashmir University in the presence of scholars, academicians and teachers of this university. This center has conducted a two-day workshop for students from all depts. In its first year of inception 150 Students who participated in the workshop were taken to Ajanta and given knowledge by trained guide on the frescoes and mural in the Ajanta Caves.
1. Gautam Buddha Study Center will focus on the following areas.
- Buddhist Thought
- Buddhism and the welfare of the marginalized.
- Buddhism and status of women
- Buddhism and social transformation.
- Buddhist teachings for youth orientation.
- Buddhism and the problems of Dalits and their upliftment.
2. Plan of integrated activities:
- Gautam Buddha Study Center will conduct Conferences, seminars, and symposia.
- Minor research projects in Buddhist thought will be undertaken.
- It is proposed to starts a library with books on Buddhism, posters, paintings and paper clippings.
- This study centre will collaborate with national and international Buddhist research institute
Library : The Library of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University is a store house of rare books and contemporary contributions in the from of books, journals, e-journals and e-library facilities. A rich collection of books on Buddhist thoughts and philosophy is available in its vintage collection. The library also possesses e-mail /Web Surfing / Download facilities for the learners communities.
Vision and Mission
Vision and Mission
The philosophy of Lord Buddha is the source of all sciences, with clarifying this relationship between all science and Gautam Buddha’s philosophy, to maximize the value of all courses in the university.
- To update the relation between the Buddhist philosophy and sciences.
- To organize orientation program to keeping the flow of Buddhist art and heritage.
- To encourage and motivate student for research on Buddhist art, culture and philosophy.
- To develop society through the spread of Buddhist philosophy and values.
- To establish constitutional values which are quoted in the preamble of Indian constitute.
- To disseminate knowledge of Buddha's philosophy.
- To promote consciousness raising of the finer sensibilities of life
- To create scholars capable of critical analysis of thought in research.
- To encourage ecumenism amongst the various school of Buddhist thoughts.
- To undertake the interfaith dialogue to promote amity and harmony amongst the people.
|Sr. No. ||Name of the Teachers ||Designation ||Specialization |
|1 ||Dr. Sanjay Moon |
Resume View Profile
|Director || |
- language literature and literary movement
- lifelong learning and extension
- non-formal education
Programmes and Activities
Programmes and Activities
The center will seek to aquatint young generation with the philosophy of Gautam Buddha. Therefore it seeks to pursue the following programmes and activities derived from main aims and objectives mentioned in the proposal.
- To set resource center for students, teachers, scholars and policy makers as well as administrators with library facilities and resource persons so that a large number of scholars are exposed to this studies.
- To organise seminars, workshops, lecture series on some vital issues and to supply the printed material of these lectures to the users.
- To conduct orientation & training programme.
- To conduct full-time, part time courses (Diploma / Certificate) for students. Short-term courses of 3-6 months.
- To conduct research by M.Phil / Ph. D. students and other scholars
- Center will publish articles, project, research papers, seminar proceedings etc.
- The Center will act as National / International collaborative, comparative centre and will provide the facilities to do so.
- To undertake such other activities and endeavors as would be considered suitable for further aims and objective of the center.
गौतम बुद्ध अध्यासन केंद्र आयोजित चर्चासत्र ,२०१९ 'बुद्धविचाराधारीत साहित्याचे सौन्दर्यशास्त्र ' View Details
Ongoing program for the year 2018-2019 1) Research
Project for degree
Name of research Project
Name of student and dept.
Influence of Buddhas philosophy on bhakti movement in Maharashtra (special reference to mahanubhav, varkari movement)
Kambale Sudhakar Dnyanoba
Vibhang in abhidhammapitak:a critical study
(6000 per month*24)
Buddhist history analysis: nature and characterise
Waghmare Madhuri Bhagawan
(4000 p.m. For one year)
Purisdhammsarathi in palisuttapitaka literature :a study
Jawale Ravichandra Bhanudas
(4000 p.m. for a year)
Director, Gautam Buddha Study Centre
Head, Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension
Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad
Mobile No : 9423705767